“если здесь свободный строй, что ж тогда назвать тюрмой?”
I know Russian well enough to understand that it means: “If there is a free system here, what we would call a prison?”
This photo, like many others used by Umar looks to me as from the archives of the Stalin era Soviet propaganda.
Hence, there are a few questions:
- Is this a prank that Umar pulls on Medium readers?
- Or, does it reflect his ideological leanings?
- Or, is it a little of the two of the above?
- Could I be that Umar and readers applauding his clearly anti-American writings are Russian agents sowing confusion in minds of Americans?
- Or, is Umar a confused person on his own and clapped by so many already confused Americans?
- Or, is it a little bit of the both of the above?
- Should we assume that if Russian media meddlers are behind Umar’s writings and claps, they would not use the Stalin era posters in order to not to get discovered?
- Or, should we assume that they are one step ahead of us, and know that we would make such assumption; hence, they use these Soviet era propaganda posters having the laugh of the day at our expense?
- Lastly, is fearmongering and sowing doubts about moral and political integrity of the American political system an asset or liability for Medium?